-   -   Automating Splitting one worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368338-automating-splitting-one-worksheet.html)

FJB[_2_]

Automating Splitting one worksheet

We pull information from an Access database using a select query and
convert the result to Excel. Now we have to change the column widths to
handle the information and separate the information by Region. Is it
possible to create a macro of VBA code to help do this more
effectively, change the column width on the initial worksheet and then
creat worksheets for each region and populating them with their data.
We moving from a monthly report to a weekly report and automation is
really needed. Thanks for our help.

Frank

NickHK

Automating Splitting one worksheet

Frank,
Can't you edit the SQL to use "<SQL SELECT text WHERE Region=?", then
..Refresh the query.
Copy/paste or Pastespecial the results to desired/new WS.
Repeat for next region.

As for column widths, look into .AutoFit, if that's what you mean.

NickHK

ups.com...