Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP! Network Hung

I have a excel macro that continually gets data from the web. It will run
fine for a while and then the entire network connection from the PC hangs. I
can't access any network drives or the web. If I go into DOS and type
"netstat" all the connects are in "Close_Wait" state.

As soon as I close Excel the network works again.

The code I am using to get data from the web is :

URL = "http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h10/Hist/dat00_ca.txt"
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Fx").QueryTables.Add( _
Connection:="URL;" & URL, Destination:=Worksheets("Fx").Cells(1, 1))
.BackgroundQuery = True
.TablesOnlyFromHTML = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
.SaveData = True
End With

If anyone has any idea what could be happenign and how to fix this please,
please let me know.

thanks