-   -   Protection.... after reprotect resets to defaults? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368119-protection-after-reprotect-resets-defaults.html)

Darin Kramer

Protection.... after reprotect resets to defaults?

Hi There

Im using "Sheets("Summary").Unprotect" and then
""Sheets("Summary").protect" at the start and end of a Macro. However
when I reprotect the sheet, the "qualities" specified (not in VB, just
by me manually selecting them) (see below) are not the same as before I
ran the Macro. Question is whats the VB to protect and unprotect a
workbook, but leaving the predefined qualities (see below) intact...?

Users can do anything except for :
1) Type over locked cells
2) Insert or delete rows or columns

Kind regards

Darin

Ron de Bruin

Protection.... after reprotect resets to defaults?

If you use Excel 2002 or 2003 there are protect options when you use
ToolsProtection..Protect Sheet

Record a macro when you check the options you want and look at the code

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Darin Kramer" wrote in message ...

Hi There

Im using "Sheets("Summary").Unprotect" and then
""Sheets("Summary").protect" at the start and end of a Macro. However
when I reprotect the sheet, the "qualities" specified (not in VB, just
by me manually selecting them) (see below) are not the same as before I
ran the Macro. Question is whats the VB to protect and unprotect a
workbook, but leaving the predefined qualities (see below) intact...?

Users can do anything except for :
1) Type over locked cells
2) Insert or delete rows or columns

Kind regards

Darin

Darin Kramer

Protection.... after reprotect resets to defaults?

Thanks Ron