-   -   SUMIF(UDF, E2, L:L) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368007-sumif-udf-e2-l-l.html)

Who I Am

SUMIF(UDF, E2, L:L)

My UDF generates

$E$500:$E$651

When I embedded the UDF into SUMIF, the UDF shows

"$E$500:$E$651"

How can I remove the quotation mark, or is there another option (to
make this SUMIF work)?

Thanks in advance.

Die_Another_Day

SUMIF(UDF, E2, L:L)

INDIRECT
SUMIF(INDIRECT(UDF),E2,L:L)

HTH

Die_Another_Day
"Who I Am" wrote in message
oups.com...
My UDF generates

$E$500:$E$651

When I embedded the UDF into SUMIF, the UDF shows

"$E$500:$E$651"

How can I remove the quotation mark, or is there another option (to
make this SUMIF work)?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Thomlinson

SUMIF(UDF, E2, L:L)

Your addin is returning an address. What you want is for it to return a range
of cells. Without seeing the code of your UDF that is as far as I can
comment. if you need more help ost the code for your UDF...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson