-   -   EXCEL 2003 Why have my formulae stopped working uncomplicated work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/367934-excel-2003-why-have-my-formulae-stopped-working-uncomplicated-work.html)

John Baker - Rustington

EXCEL 2003 Why have my formulae stopped working uncomplicated work

I am the treasurer of my local methodist church.I Have used the same spread
sheet for the last three years. In the last three weeks and eleven months
into the financial year the various formulae have stopped updating the
various totals. If I amend the formula my even only one element and confirm
the total will update, but this does not right the position the next time I
add a new entry.
Help!!

Norman Jones

EXCEL 2003 Why have my formulae stopped working uncomplicated work

Hi John,

Try:

Tools | Calculation | Check the Aotomatic option.

---
Regards,
Norman

"John Baker - Rustington" <John Baker -
wrote in message
I am the treasurer of my local methodist church.I Have used the same spread
sheet for the last three years. In the last three weeks and eleven months
into the financial year the various formulae have stopped updating the
various totals. If I amend the formula my even only one element and
confirm
the total will update, but this does not right the position the next time
add a new entry.
Help!!

John Baker - Rustington[_2_]

"John Baker - Rustington" wrote:

I am the treasurer of my local methodist church.I Have used the same spread
sheet for the last three years. In the last three weeks and eleven months
into the financial year the various formulae have stopped updating the
various totals. If I amend the formula my even only one element and confirm
the total will update, but this does not right the position the next time I
add a new entry. REPLY TO Norman Jones.

Followed suggestion 'automatic' 'circle' already checked! Presumably Norman
is not suggesting the one below. Not sure I know what an .'iteration' is. My
BIBLE doesn't even mention the term
Thank you however

John Baker - Rustington[_2_]

EXCEL 2003 Why have my formulae stopped working uncomplicated work

I have found the answer!
Most instruction books do not specifically mention the word 'iterations'
ToolsoptionsCalculationuncheck the iteration box.
That rather 'simple' operationb restored the formulae immediately.
Thanks
John Baker 3 August 2006