-   -   conditional formatting via check box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/367755-conditional-formatting-via-check-box.html)

cedtech23[_13_]

conditional formatting via check box

I have a userform called frmLeaveRequest that contains a check box name
chkVac, I want to pass the conditional formatting of Bold, Red Font an
a Border around the contents in Cell C9 in an Execl doc calle
LRForm.xls in worksheet LeaveRequested when chkVac equals true. How d
I accomplish a task like that?

--
cedtech2
cedtech23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3102

jseven

conditional formatting via check box

What I would do is make the routine on the checkbox change the value in
a third "container" cell for instance "J7" (or any unused cell in your
workbook) to true/false when it's checked/unchecked.

Then just set the conditional formating of your cell "C9" to whatever
you want based on the true/false indicator in "J7".

You want to include some code on your from under
frmLeaveRequest_Activate to check the value of "J7" and check/uncheck
the box accordingly when you bring the form back up.

This is all assuming you want to keep that formating once the userform
is deactivated.

cedtech23 wrote:
I have a userform called frmLeaveRequest that contains a check box named
chkVac, I want to pass the conditional formatting of Bold, Red Font and
a Border around the contents in Cell C9 in an Execl doc called
LRForm.xls in worksheet LeaveRequested when chkVac equals true. How do

cedtech23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31022
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563127