-   -   MS Query help! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/367548-ms-query-help.html)

Alexandre Brisebois

MS Query help!

I am in need of using excel and MS Query to intersect 2 tables, one in
oracle and one in an excel spread sheet.

I have come up with various work arounds, but none seem to be worth it
unless I know that this is absolutely impossible in normal
circumstances.

how can I have 2 data sources for one join query in MS Query.

best regards,
Alexandre Brisebois

RB Smissaert

MS Query help!

Some ways of doing this:
1. Dump both tables to text files. This dump may not have to be the whole
tables.
Then join both text files.
2. Write the Excel sheet to a temp Oracle table and run the query on the 2
Oracle tables.
I don't think it is possible to connect to both the Excel sheet and Oracle
at the same time
and run the query on both.
I probably would move away from MS Query and use ADO.

RBS

"Alexandre Brisebois" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in need of using excel and MS Query to intersect 2 tables, one in
oracle and one in an excel spread sheet.

I have come up with various work arounds, but none seem to be worth it
unless I know that this is absolutely impossible in normal
circumstances.

how can I have 2 data sources for one join query in MS Query.

best regards,
Alexandre Brisebois

Alexandre Brisebois

MS Query help!

your input was greatly apreciated, I am unfortunately stuck with ms
query :S