-   -   Getting Username from a file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/367128-getting-username-file.html)

pikapika13[_16_]

Getting Username from a file

I wish to get the "last modified" and the user who modified a file.
This is what I have:

Sub GetAttributes()
LM = FileDateTime("C:\blAH BLAH BLAH.xls")
Range("A1") = LM
End Sub

Can someone help me with the username piece? Much appreciated

--
pikapika1
pikapika13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1089

[email protected]

Getting Username from a file

I use

RunUser = Environ("username")

This will pull the username they use to sign into their laptop.

pikapika13 wrote:
I wish to get the "last modified" and the user who modified a file.
This is what I have:

Sub GetAttributes()
LM = FileDateTime("C:\blAH BLAH BLAH.xls")
Range("A1") = LM
End Sub

Can someone help me with the username piece? Much appreciated.

--
pikapika13
pikapika13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10892
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561182

Bob Phillips

Getting Username from a file

see other thread

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...

pikapika13 wrote:
I wish to get the "last modified" and the user who modified a file.
This is what I have:

Sub GetAttributes()
LM = FileDateTime("C:\blAH BLAH BLAH.xls")
Range("A1") = LM
End Sub

Can someone help me with the username piece? Much appreciated.

--
pikapika13
pikapika13's Profile:

View this thread: