Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple Workbook sums

Greetings all,
Sorry for posting this again. I am not sure I am explaining my situation
clearly and have looked through my Excel 2002 Powerprogramming with VBA and
I am still lost.

Let me explain what I am trying to accomplish and then give some detailed
examples.

Employee's must fill out a sheet weekly on their activities. once they fill
out their sheets, totals are calculated on another sheet (TOTALS) in their
workbook in a range of cells from
B2:P27.

We are trying to compile their information into one master worksheet. All
workbooks are exactly the same format.

I am trying to create a sub that will start in cell B2 of the master and sum
cell B2 from all the other workbooks. Then it will move to cell B3 and sum
all Cell B3's from workbooks in the folder then it will go to B4, then B5,
through P27 summing up cells in the USER##.xls workbooks in the folder

All workbooks are named USER##.xls, where ## is the employee's user number.

Is there a way to have it look at all files in the folder that begin with
USER?

Each week there can be a different number of user files in the folder. Some
employees may be on vacation, and more employees may be hired so I am trying
for something that is flexible enough to catch those situations.

I am thinking I need to have variables that list the R1C1 notation and then
when it is in a cell, it will open all USER##.xls workbooks, one by one,
adding their value to a variable and when it gets to the last USER File, it
will go to the next cell and do the same thing all over again until it
finishes with cell P27.

Example of 1st Weeks files in the folder
master.xls
User1.xls
User2.xls
User3.xls
User7.xls
User8.xls

Example of 2nd week files in the folder
master.xls
User1.xls
User3.xls
User5.xls
User6.xls
User7.xls
User9.xls
User10.xls

If someone could help I would certainly appreciate it. It has been a while
since I did any VBA and while I have an idea of what I need to do, My mind
is not letting me even start.

Thanks in Advance

Wally Steadman