-   -   Maximum length of a pcuture name is 32 characters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366951-maximum-length-pcuture-name-32-characters.html)

Peter[_58_]

Maximum length of a pcuture name is 32 characters

I wonder if anybody can shed any light on this:

I am ading a shape ( a picture in fact ) then changing its name.

It would appear that there is a limit of 32 characters for this name -
despite the property being defined as a string in the docs. [ strings
being defined to have, efgfectively, no length limit ]

I have looked at the microsoft MSDN web site and found a single
reference to this behaviour .. in the VISIO docs!

Anybody know of a work-around, or can even point me to documentation
which describes this behaviour?

Peter T

Maximum length of a pcuture name is 32 characters

Whilst a VB/A string length is effectively unlimited for most practical
purposes the length of a shape name in Excel is limited to 32. I doubt there
is a workaround.

FWIW max sheetname length is 31.

Regards,
Peter T