-   -   Ignoring fields containing text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366836-ignoring-fields-containing-text.html)

TheRook

Ignoring fields containing text

I currently have a simple formula set up to calculate the outstanding sales
vaule for spcific operaions. Once the operation is complete the sales vaue
is populated with the work 'COMPLETE' obviously the creates an error, so the
formula has to be change so that is does not include this cell. As there are
several hundrad cells in the formula and they are ever changing.

Is there anyway I can get the formula to ignore the cells containing the
word 'COMPLETE' and calculate the outstanding sales vaue automatically?

Regards

Tom Ogilvy

Ignoring fields containing text

=sum(A1:A50) (as an example)