-   -   Please Help! Object Required suddenly, was working before! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366820-please-help-object-required-suddenly-working-before.html)

Duncan[_5_]

Please Help! Object Required suddenly, was working before!

Hi all,

I am running a userform and from my first form (main menu) I choose
which form to open, now when I click on one particular button which
says

Private Sub NotifyTerminate_Click()
Unload Me
Notify.Show vbmodless
End Sub

It bugs out and says "Object Required", this has just suddenly
happened, I dont know why because the form called "Notify" is still
there with still same name........

Maybe file corrupt, does anyone know of this happening before and the
possible cause?

Many thanks in advance

Duncan

Duncan[_5_]

Please Help! Object Required suddenly, was working before!

Please ignore this post, I have resolved this.

What had happened was that I had renamed an object, but not changed the
object name called in the userform initialise event.

I didnt see this at first becase the debug only highlighted the line
showing the userform, and thus I didnt think to look at the userform
initialise because I thought it hadnt even got to that.

It is fixed now, I panicked a bit too soon! Thanks anyway

(I dont know how to post a message as topic answered, but this topic
should be ignored now)

Duncan

Duncan wrote:

Hi all,

I am running a userform and from my first form (main menu) I choose
which form to open, now when I click on one particular button which
says

Private Sub NotifyTerminate_Click()
Unload Me
Notify.Show vbmodless
End Sub

It bugs out and says "Object Required", this has just suddenly
happened, I dont know why because the form called "Notify" is still
there with still same name........

Maybe file corrupt, does anyone know of this happening before and the
possible cause?

Many thanks in advance

Duncan

Mike Fogleman

Please Help! Object Required suddenly, was working before!

Perhaps the spelling of vbModeless

Mike F
ps.com...