-   -   Search /Filter vertical Numeric pattern (down single column) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366639-search-filter-vertical-numeric-pattern-down-single-column.html)

Sam via OfficeKB.com

Search /Filter vertical Numeric pattern (down single column)

Hi All,

Can anyone provide a Formula or VBA solution for the following:

I would like to SEARCH/ Filter numerous and varying numeric values in a
Dynamic Named Range called "Data":- one column and many rows.

The Numeric values to be Searched/ Filtered will be one or two digits and
will span from 1 to 10 numeric values in a single search/ Filter sequence.
That is, search/ filter numeric values in this example sequence/ pattern
(down the Dynamic Named Range "Data"): 70 45 30 75 1. The numeric search
pattern will NOT be in any particular order. Once all instances of the
numeric sequence/ pattern: 70 45 30 75 1 have been found, I would like to
know the NEXT numeric value for each instance of that particular sequence/
pattern.

Example Search:
70 45 30 75 1

Found 3 instances
70
45
30
75
1
NEXT?

70
45
30
75
1
NEXT?

70
45
30
75
1
NEXT?

Required Result:
In each of the 3 instances of the above numeric sequence/ pattern show or
return what came AFTER the numeric value of 1.

The above numeric search pattern is only a sample. The numeric values of the
search pattern will vary and so will the number of numeric values being
searched - sometimes 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.

Example - Searching for 2 numeric values:
30 50

Found 3 instances
30
50
NEXT?

30
50
NEXT?

30
50
NEXT?

Example - Searching for 3 numeric values:
50 30 42

Found 2 instances
50
30
42
NEXT?

50
30
42
NEXT?

Example - Searching for 4 numeric values:
50 50 20 42

Found 2 instances
50
50