-   -   Breaking Into Seperate Files (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366493-breaking-into-seperate-files.html)

Brian01

Breaking Into Seperate Files

Is there a way to to program a break into seperate files based on differences
in a column? For instance:

Owner Company# Company Name Data
Jones 10 My Company 1
Jones 10 My Company 5
Smith 15 Next Comp 3
Smith 15 Next Comp 7

The business need is to break an XLS file with hundreds of pages out by
company # with the company number as the file name. I would like run a
script that sends all records belonging to a company # to an individual file
if it is possible.

Thanks!

Ron de Bruin

Breaking Into Seperate Files

Try this Brian
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

See the workbook example

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Brian01" wrote in message ...
Is there a way to to program a break into seperate files based on differences
in a column? For instance:

Owner Company# Company Name Data
Jones 10 My Company 1
Jones 10 My Company 5
Smith 15 Next Comp 3
Smith 15 Next Comp 7

The business need is to break an XLS file with hundreds of pages out by
company # with the company number as the file name. I would like run a
script that sends all records belonging to a company # to an individual file
if it is possible.

Thanks!

Brian01

Breaking Into Seperate Files