-   -   Force to enable macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366418-force-enable-macros.html)

Denys[_2_]

Force to enable macros

Good day everyone,

Is there such code that forces the user to enable the macros in order to
open a file?

In other words, if the user "disable" the macros, then the file cannot be
opened.

Thanks for your time...

Denys

Paul B

Force to enable macros

Denys, have a look here,

http://www.danielklann.com/excel/for...be_enabled.htm
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Denys" wrote in message
Good day everyone,

Is there such code that forces the user to enable the macros in order to
open a file?

In other words, if the user "disable" the macros, then the file cannot be
opened.

Thanks for your time...

Denys

Tom Ogilvy

Force to enable macros

Just for clarification, the answer is no.

Tom Ogilvy

"Denys" wrote:

Good day everyone,

Is there such code that forces the user to enable the macros in order to
open a file?

In other words, if the user "disable" the macros, then the file cannot be
opened.

Thanks for your time...

Denys

Scoops

Force to enable macros

Denys wrote:
Good day everyone,

Is there such code that forces the user to enable the macros in order to
open a file?

In other words, if the user "disable" the macros, then the file cannot be
opened.

Thanks for your time...

Denys

Hi Denys.

No.

But perhaps you could use the Workbook_BeforeClose event handler to
"cripple" your workbook in some fashion (e.g. Protect all the cells or
make the sheets Very Hidden - apart from the one that says "If you
don't enable the macros, you don't get the worksheets!") and restore it
to health with Workbook_Open.

Regards

Steve

Denys[_2_]

Force to enable macros

Good morning,

Thanks for your answers. I used to hide my sheets just before closing. But
Scoops, you gave me a good idea... I will make the sheets very hidden instead
of "visible = true". It should help..

Have a good day

Denys