-   -   Exclusive choice checkbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366405-exclusive-choice-checkbox.html)

Tony

Exclusive choice checkbox

Hello,

I want to write a Visual Basic code that gives me a window that contain
Exclusive choice checkbox, then do my code by the choice of the user.
I'll be thankful for any response :)

NickHK

Exclusive choice checkbox

Tony,
Use option buttons for mutually exclusive choices.

NickHK

"Tony" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I want to write a Visual Basic code that gives me a window that contain
Exclusive choice checkbox, then do my code by the choice of the user.
I'll be thankful for any response :)

Tony

Exclusive choice checkbox

Hello,
I used these button.
My problem is that I want it in Two-Levels.
For Example:
I have to choose what kind of vehicle:
Cars, Motors, Trucks...

And if I choose cars I want to see: BMW, Opel, Mazda...
but If choose trucks, I wan to see it's relative options...
Then, when I choose it, I want a specefic visual basic code to be run.
(IF I choose Cars, then Mazda, I want to run a sub called
"Import_mazda()")

NickHK

Exclusive choice checkbox

Tony,
You can update/unhide a list box with the valid selection as determined by
the user's selection of option button.
There's no points showing the user 50 kinds of truck if they selected cars.

NickHK

"Tony" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I used these button.
My problem is that I want it in Two-Levels.
For Example:
I have to choose what kind of vehicle:
Cars, Motors, Trucks...

And if I choose cars I want to see: BMW, Opel, Mazda...
but If choose trucks, I wan to see it's relative options...
Then, when I choose it, I want a specefic visual basic code to be run.
(IF I choose Cars, then Mazda, I want to run a sub called
"Import_mazda()")

Tony

Exclusive choice checkbox

How do I make the hide/unhide for my selection?

Duncan[_5_]

Exclusive choice checkbox

Tony:

On the change event of the category combo box something like...

(assuming...first category box is called "CatList" and second item box
is called "Man"...change to suit)

Private Sub CatList_Change()

If CatList.Value = "Cars" Then
CatName.Caption = "Postal Duties"
Man.Clear
Man.AddItem "BMW"
Man.AddItem "Lexus"
End If

If CatList.Value = "Lorries" Then
CatName.Caption = "Levy Duties"
Man.Clear
Man.AddItem "Lorry make 1"
Man.AddItem "Lorry make 2"

then in the change event of the second box, do something similar to
above to fire the sub you want to fire based on the value in the box
after update

Hope this gets you going

Duncan

Tony wrote:

How do I make the hide/unhide for my selection?

Duncan[_5_]

Exclusive choice checkbox

BTW:

I know you was on about option buttons but the above is aimed at using
two comboboxes instead (like drop down choices), slightly easier I
think that having loads of option buttons to hide/unhide

Duncan