-   -   Compare 3 lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366344-compare-3-lists.html)

[email protected]

Compare 3 lists

I need to compare 3 lists (columns) of asset numbers that come from 3
different sources. I have copied the 3 columns onto 1 sheet and sorted
them.

What I am looking for is to know which numbers exist in all 3 lists and
which do not and which lists they do not exist in. In my example, my
resultant set would need to let me know that 1231391 was in all 3
lists, but that 1231392 was only in A and C, not B, and that 1233320
was in B, but not in A or C. And as you can see, the same numbers do
not always line up but do exist in all 3 lists.

Example:
ListA ListB ListC
1231391 1231391 1231391
1231392 1231393 1231392
1231393 1231396 1231393
1231396 1231397 1231396
1231397 1231398 1231397
1231398 1231399 1231398
1231399 1231400 1231399
1231400 1233320 1231400

Thanks,
Bill Kennedy

RB Smissaert

Compare 3 lists

Look at the Match function in the help.

RBS

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

zpaz

Compare 3 lists

I looked at that function, but it will return the location of a
matching item in another column. But what I need is a resulting 2
columns, one with each entry found in any column and the columns that
number exists in. I need to resolve an issue so that every number will
eventually be in every column, which means that the problem I resolve
will result in a pulled list from 3 different systems and they all
match. Thanks.