-   -   Cursor change during code execution (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366319-cursor-change-during-code-execution.html)

Geoff

Cursor change during code execution

Hi
I am unable to effectively change the cursor during a wbook add and save
operation from a cmdbutton on a form. From the code below there is sometimes
a brief change but not at the statement. The code forms part of an xla and
the new wbook can have anything from 50 to 40,000 plus rows - so some form of
indicator (apart fr4om the status bar) during the at times long copy
procedure would be very welcome.
Application.Screenupdating = True / False does not seem to have any effect.
Is there anything I am missing? Appreciate any advice.

T.I.A.

Geoff

Private Sub cmdExecute_Click()
'''.... other stuff

Application.Cursor = xlWait

'''add new wbook
Set procFile = Workbooks.Add()
'''save new wbook
procFile.SaveAs Filename:= _
fName, _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _
Password:="", _
WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False
'''copy required data
sh.UsedRange.Copy Destination:=procFile.Worksheets(1).Range("A1")
'''save new wbook with data
ActiveWorkbook.Save

Application.Cursor = xlDefault

'''.... other closing stuff
End Sub

RB Smissaert

Cursor change during code execution

Try some DoEvents statements before and after your cursor changes.

RBS

"Geoff" wrote in message
[...]

I'd tried DoEvents with no success however, continuing the research, I have
found that using mousepointer does the trick as in:

frmBookMaker.MousePointer = fmMousePointerHourGlass
then
frmBookMaker.MousePointer = fmMousePointerDefault

As long as the mouse is not moved from the form this works fine.

Geoff