-   -   Can anyone help finding two obscure commands? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366315-can-anyone-help-finding-two-obscure-commands.html)

thedryden

Can anyone help finding two obscure commands?

Recently I have been growing my knowledge of Excel and how it functions
with VB as a part of my job duties. I can do most of what I want to
with little to no problem but I have been having trouble doing two
things.

The first is inserting a in cell line break (Alt-Enter when not using
VB). I want to concatenate two strings but I’d like to put the line
break between them if I could.

The second problem is determining the numeric value of the row where a
searched for item is found. I’ve been able to do this in a round about
way by using the .address property (method/object I get confused what’s
what) specifying the R1C1 Reference style and just parsing the returned
sting to get the bit between R and C, but honestly that seems a bit
archaic and processor intensive.

Any help to find a command that will let me do either of these would be
-greatly- appreciated.

--
thedryden
thedryden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36066

colofnature[_63_]

Can anyone help finding two obscure commands?

First one:

activecell.Value = "first string" & vblf & "second string"

Second one:

cells.Find(what:="findme").row

Done and done :)
Co

--
colofnatur
colofnature's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3435

thedryden[_2_]

Can anyone help finding two obscure commands?

Thank you VERY much

--
thedryde
thedryden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3606