-   -   How do I calculate the distance between 2 postcodes? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/366291-how-do-i-calculate-distance-between-2-postcodes.html)

Rhys

How do I calculate the distance between 2 postcodes?

Can anyone help with this?

Charlie

How do I calculate the distance between 2 postcodes?

Well, the formula is

Dist = Sqr((x2 - x1) ^ 2 + (y2 - y1) ^ 2)

for points (x1, y1) to (x2, y2)

"Rhys" wrote:

Can anyone help with this?

NickHK

How do I calculate the distance between 2 postcodes?

Rhys,
So you need the latitude/longitude of your post codes to apply Charlie's
formula.
About 1/2 way down this page
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....6&d=1082113719
there's a list of about 2800 postcodes.

NickHK

"Rhys" wrote in message
Can anyone help with this?

Greg[_29_]

How do I calculate the distance between 2 postcodes?

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:24:02 -0700, Rhys
wrote:

Can anyone help with this?

Google is your friend.

I googled distance between zip codes and got a bunch of links.

Since you used the term "post codes", I think you might be outside the
U.S., so just substitute post for zip and have at it.

Good luck.