-   -   String Array initialisation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/365866-string-array-initialisation.html)

[email protected]

String Array initialisation

Hi,

I am facing a problem in intialising a string array in VBA. I need to
intialise an array of 10 elements from data in a range. This range has
text values. I tried to use following.

Code:

Dim VarNames() As String
VarNames = ActiveSheet.Range("K22:K32").Value

But I am getting Type Mismatch error. I don't want to use any loop to
populate the array. Filling each value is cumbersome.

Can anybody please suggest some way around.

Thanks,

Mhr

RB Smissaert

String Array initialisation

This will work:

Dim VarNames

VarNames = ActiveSheet.Range("K22:K32").Value

RBS

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi,

I am facing a problem in intialising a string array in VBA. I need to
intialise an array of 10 elements from data in a range. This range has
text values. I tried to use following.

Code:

Dim VarNames() As String
VarNames = ActiveSheet.Range("K22:K32").Value

But I am getting Type Mismatch error. I don't want to use any loop to
populate the array. Filling each value is cumbersome.

Can anybody please suggest some way around.

Thanks,

Mhr

Alan Beban

String Array initialisation

If it is unacceptable for VarNames to be of Variant() type (which is
what the other replies in this thread have provided), then if the
functions in the freely downloadable file at
http:/home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook

Sub test2()
Dim VarNames() As String
Assign ActiveSheet.Range("K22:K32"), VarNames
End Sub

Alan Beban