-   -   macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/365204-macro-converting-number-stored-text-preceeded-number-formatting.html)

markx

macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting

Hello,

I've tried to achieve this with macro recorder, but it writes only the
".select" part...
(I used to select the whole range and than pass through the contextual <!
menu that appears briefly on the left side of the cell and signals the
problem...)

What is the VBA instruction for this?
Many thanks,

Mark

P.S: Range("B3").Select
Selection.NumberFormat = "0.00"
is not functionning in my workbook neither...

Duncan[_5_]

macro for converting number stored as "text" (or preceeded with ') to "number" formatting

Markx

A workaround I have used it to put

activecell.value = activecell.value * 1

Post back if this doesnt work (or if it does)

Duncan