-   -   variables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/364502-variables.html)

april27

variables

i have a spreadsheet that has a button. when button is clicked a user form
pops up. in this user form the user is to insert a date into a text box. when
pressing a button on the user form, the date is to be checked. if it really
is a date then something will happen but if it is not the user shall be
notified by a message box. my problem is that i do not know how to declare
the variables so that the information retreĆ*ved from the text box is
avaliable to the sub that checks if date. i have tried to declare the
varaibles globally but i still dont manage. help!!

Tom Ogilvy

variables

Why use variables.

if isdate(userform1.Textbox1.Text) then