-   -   Duplicated form at runtime (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/364261-duplicated-form-runtime.html)

lily

Duplicated form at runtime

I have a combbox in one worksheet. When I change the item in the
combbox, I let a form show up. But at runtime, each time I try to move
the form, the form duplicates itself in my screen. Could someone what
happens and what plays this trick? Thanks.

--
lily
lily's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33150

Duncan[_5_]

Duplicated form at runtime

I know ive had this when I havent unloaded the previous form
properly....but I think it might help if you posted your code, someone
might spot the bug then.

Duncan

Dave Peterson

Duplicated form at runtime

Is the userform really duplicated or is it just the image that's sticking
around.

Maybe
application.screenupdating = true
'move the form or show the form
application.screenupdating = false

Duncan wrote:

I know ive had this when I havent unloaded the previous form
properly....but I think it might help if you posted your code, someone
might spot the bug then.

Duncan

--

Dave Peterson

Jim Thomlinson

Duplicated form at runtime

Does your form have an on click event that creates a copy of the form?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"lily" wrote:

I have a combbox in one worksheet. When I change the item in the
combbox, I let a form show up. But at runtime, each time I try to move
the form, the form duplicates itself in my screen. Could someone what
happens and what plays this trick? Thanks.

--
lily
lily's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33150
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=551877

Duncan[_5_]

Duplicated form at runtime

Dave;,

I think I was perhaps a bit quick to reply, as on reflection the screen
updating sounds like the obvious culprit. (I forgot about that)

Duncan