-   -   I would like to get a time stamp that does NOT update upon recalc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/364194-i-would-like-get-time-stamp-does-not-update-upon-recalc.html)

Peggy

I would like to get a time stamp that does NOT update upon recalc

Time() returns the current time but upon every keystroke or recalculation it
updates. I would like a non-updating time stamp every time I enter a number
into an adjacent cell.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

Finny[_3_]

I would like to get a time stamp that does NOT update upon recalc

ctrl shft ;

Peggy wrote:
Time() returns the current time but upon every keystroke or recalculation it
updates. I would like a non-updating time stamp every time I enter a number
into an adjacent cell.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

Bob Phillips

I would like to get a time stamp that does NOT update upon recalc

Ctrl-Shift-:

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Peggy" wrote in message
Time() returns the current time but upon every keystroke or recalculation

it
updates. I would like a non-updating time stamp every time I enter a

number
into an adjacent cell.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

PaulD

"Peggy" wrote in message
: Time() returns the current time but upon every keystroke or recalculation
it
: updates. I would like a non-updating time stamp every time I enter a
number
: into an adjacent cell.
:
Try something like this.
Place this formula in the cell you want the time stamp in

=IF(ISBLANK(A1),"",TimeStamp())

replace A1 with the cell you want to use to change the stamp
then create a code module with this function

Public Function TimeStamp()
TimeStamp = Time()
End Function

Paul D