-   -   COM add-in doesn't work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/364189-com-add-doesnt-work.html)

Dan Kranz

COM add-in doesn't work

I've compiled the code generated by the Shared Add-in wizard in Visual Studio
2005. I can't load the dll file built by this code. Excel says the dll is
not a valid Office Add-in. What is the wizard leaving out?

John.Greenan

COM add-in doesn't work

First suggestion: Did you register the addin ?? For a COM add in to work it
has to be registered for COM

Second suggestion:
Did the extra information get written to the registry - for Office realise
it's an office COM addin.

Post back if that does not work...
--
www.alignment-systems.com