-   -   Formulas not working once macro is used (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/364040-formulas-not-working-once-macro-used.html)

tanyhart[_19_]

Formulas not working once macro is used

I have a macro that will copy and paste more lines in a section of m
spreadsheet, the problem I am running into now is when the macro i
exectuted and the lines are added, the SUM of lines is not working.

I am calculating the sum of certain cells

SUM(G10, G7, G4, G1)

when I insert my new lines, I want the formula to now include

SUM(G13, G10, G7, G4, G1)

this is NOT what it is doing.
When I insert the new lines the formula switches to

SUM(G13, G7, G4, G1)

What is happening? The code I have for copy/paste lines is

Sub addtasks()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
myrow = Cells.Find("Total P&C Estimate").Row - 3
mycell = Cells(myrow, 2)
mynum = Right(mycell, LenB(mycell) - InStr(mycell, "#")) + 1

With Range(Cells(myrow, 2), Cells(myrow + 2, 2))
.EntireRow.Copy
.EntireRow.Insert Shift:=xlDown
End With

Application.CutCopyMode = False
Cells(myrow + 3, 2) = "Task#" & mynum
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Thanks :confused

--
tanyhar
tanyhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3514

tanyhart[_23_]

Formulas not working once macro is used

In case anyone is wondering the answer, I found one...

SUMIF(F13:F60, "P&C", G13:G60