-   -   Which sheet gets calculated first for iterations? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/364018-sheet-gets-calculated-first-iterations.html)

Abe[_4_]

Which sheet gets calculated first for iterations?

I have a workbook that has 5 sheets, each of which have cells that
refer to one another. It is important that one sheet be fully
calculated, then the next, and so on. Does excel calculate sheets in
order (i.e. 1 to 5) or does it do something else?

I am running it with a manual calculations and iterations allowed. I am
using Excel 2002.

Thanks,

Abe

Chip Pearson

Which sheet gets calculated first for iterations?

Excel calculates sheets in alphabetical order. See
http://www.decisionmodels.com .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Abe" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a workbook that has 5 sheets, each of which have cells
that
refer to one another. It is important that one sheet be fully
calculated, then the next, and so on. Does excel calculate
sheets in
order (i.e. 1 to 5) or does it do something else?

I am running it with a manual calculations and iterations
allowed. I am
using Excel 2002.

Thanks,

Abe

Jim Thomlinson

Which sheet gets calculated first for iterations?

It has to do with dependancies. If the Value of Cell A1 depends on B1 and B1
depends on C1 then C1 is calc'd first, followed by B1 and then A1...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson