-   -   formula for finding Friday (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/363995-formula-finding-friday.html)

EdStevens[_2_]

formula for finding Friday

Looping through a series of cells with dates, need to compute from the
given date the date of the following Friday. If the given date *is*
Friday, I need that date returned, not the date of the Friday of the
following week.

Thanks.

Chip Pearson

formula for finding Friday

Try

=A1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1),5,4,3,2,1,0,6)

where A1 is your starting date.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"EdStevens" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looping through a series of cells with dates, need to compute
from the
given date the date of the following Friday. If the given date
*is*
Friday, I need that date returned, not the date of the Friday
of the
following week.

Thanks.

pianoman[_54_]

formula for finding Friday

Well, Weekday(Date) will return an integer to represent the day of th
week, so you can just use a 'Case' structure to vary the response base
on the current day fo the week can't you (IF today is Monday, the
return today + 5 etc...)

If you need code, I can find some for you...

Regards,
Garet

--
pianoma
pianoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3371

Don Guillett

formula for finding Friday

you said looping so here is a looping macro

Sub iffriday()
For Each c In Selection
If Application.Weekday(c) = 6 Then MsgBox c.Address
Next

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"EdStevens" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looping through a series of cells with dates, need to compute from the
given date the date of the following Friday. If the given date *is*
Friday, I need that date returned, not the date of the Friday of the
following week.

Thanks.

pianoman[_55_]

formula for finding Friday

Ignore mine! Chip know best! :)

I think I'll impliment this in some of my own code..

--
pianoma
pianoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3371
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55097

Bob Phillips

formula for finding Friday

=A1+6-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"EdStevens" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looping through a series of cells with dates, need to compute from the
given date the date of the following Friday. If the given date *is*
Friday, I need that date returned, not the date of the Friday of the
following week.

Thanks.

Dana DeLouis

formula for finding Friday

Just another option:
=A1+MOD(138612,WEEKDAY(A1)+6)

--
HTH. :)
Dana DeLouis

oups.com...

Chip Pearson wrote:
Try

=A1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1),5,4,3,2,1,0,6)

where A1 is your starting date.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"EdStevens" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looping through a series of cells with dates, need to compute
from the
given date the date of the following Friday. If the given date
*is*
Friday, I need that date returned, not the date of the Friday
of the
following week.

Thanks.

Perfect. Thank you.