-   -   RTD formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/363981-rtd-formula.html)

ben

RTD formula

Hi
I have a function that returns the following string
=REUTER|IDN!'VOD.L,LAST'
I want Excel to enforce calcuation of this RTD formula and not treat it
as a string.
How can I do that ?
Thanks

John.Greenan

RTD formula

That's a DDE formula, not an RTD formula. If you mean DDE rather than RTD
then the answer is to check the cell formatting - it should be general.
Switch to general and then edit the cell and it should start the Reuters
local DDE server.

If that does not work then you should post back.

--
www.alignment-systems.com

"ben" wrote:

Hi
I have a function that returns the following string
=REUTER|IDN!'VOD.L,LAST'
I want Excel to enforce calcuation of this RTD formula and not treat it
as a string.
How can I do that ?
Thanks

MaC

RTD formula

In Excel VBA you can use RUN command to run any macro, e.g.
Run "REUTER"

Obviously, you can replace function name by any string, which is correct
macro or function/sub name.

Good luck!
MarioC

Uzytkownik "ben" napisal w wiadomosci