-   -   code dropping zeros in number strand (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/363891-code-dropping-zeros-number-strand.html)

SITCFanTN

code dropping zeros in number strand

I'm moving numbers from one column to another and using the below code. When
the number is being moved by the code from column H to column I it drops the
zeros at the beginning of the number. How can I fix this? Also I need to
change the criteria to move any number that is greater than 8 characters. I
tried changing the 13 to 8 or but that did not work for m. Thanks

Set rng = Range(Cells(2, "H"), Cells(Rows.Count, "H").End(xlUp))
For Each cell In rng
If Len(cell) = 13 Then
cell.Offset(0, 1).Value = cell.Value
cell.ClearContents
End If
Next

Gary''s Student

code dropping zeros in number strand

If you format the detination cells as Text beforerunning the macro, the
leading zeros will be preserved..

also:

if len(cells.value) 8 then
--