-   -   Newbie Question on Setting Cell Value in Sheet2 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/363725-newbie-question-setting-cell-value-sheet2.html)

[email protected]

Newbie Question on Setting Cell Value in Sheet2

Hi,

I'm new to this. Would appreciate advice on the following issue about a
macro in VB:

I want to loop through a folder and get all the file names in the
folder. Then I will then set the cell values on "C" column in "Sheet2"
to these file names. What's the correct syntax for setting the cell
values?

I'm looking for something like:

Dim i As Integer
i = 1
For Each fileName In fileNames
i++;
Sheet2.Cell(i,3).value = fileName;

Next

Clearly this doesn't work because the syntax is not correct. Any input?
Many thanks!

-Emily

Gary''s Student

Newbie Question on Setting Cell Value in Sheet2

Sub Macro1()
For i = 1 To Worksheets.Count
Sheets(1).Cells(i, 1) = Sheets(i).Name
Next
End Sub

This is only a simple example. It take each sheet name and deposits it in
column A of the first sheet.
--
Gary''s Student

" wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this. Would appreciate advice on the following issue about a
macro in VB:

I want to loop through a folder and get all the file names in the
folder. Then I will then set the cell values on "C" column in "Sheet2"
to these file names. What's the correct syntax for setting the cell
values?

I'm looking for something like:

Dim i As Integer
i = 1
For Each fileName In fileNames
i++;
Sheet2.Cell(i,3).value = fileName;

Next

Clearly this doesn't work because the syntax is not correct. Any input?
Many thanks!

-Emily

Gary''s Student

Newbie Question on Setting Cell Value in Sheet2

Sorry, I crossed a post. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f723f961b67c46
--
Gary''s Student