-   -   macro reading excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/363488-macro-reading-excel-file.html)

HJP84

macro reading excel file

Hi,

I have about 1900 excel files each with two rows of text: one is simply the
names of the columns and the other is the actual data. The column headings
are the same for the 1900 files, but obviously the data in each file
corresponds to a different patient. My task is to combine all 1900 rows of
data into one excel sheet.

This can be done with copying&pasting but I think there is a faster way
using macros. I am new to excel and macros but a friend said there may be a
way. Since the columns are the same across all the files, shouldn't this be
relatively easy to do? I know some programming but I haven't ever needed to
access files saved on the computer.

Thank you for the help!

Ron de Bruin

macro reading excel file