-   -   How to report Excel 2007 problems? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/363015-how-report-excel-2007-problems.html)

Josh Sale

How to report Excel 2007 problems?

I've downloaded Excel 2007 beta 2 and am testing out my add-in. I've found
what looks like a minor bug but am unclear how to go about reporting it to
MS. Anybody know the right channel?

TIA,

josh

John.Greenan

How to report Excel 2007 problems?

Go to http://beta.microsoft.com/
login with a .net passport or whatever it's called these days and away you
go...
--
www.alignment-systems.com

"Josh Sale" wrote:

I've downloaded Excel 2007 beta 2 and am testing out my add-in. I've found
what looks like a minor bug but am unclear how to go about reporting it to
MS. Anybody know the right channel?

TIA,

josh

Josh Sale

How to report Excel 2007 problems?

John, I went to the suggested web site and its asking for a "Guest ID" which
I don't have. The little icon in the upper right corner of the page
indicates that I am signed in with my MS Passport but I don't know about
this Guest ID. I tried entering my Passport ID but it didn't like it.

Any other suggestions?

josh

"Josh Sale" wrote:

I've downloaded Excel 2007 beta 2 and am testing out my add-in. I've
found
what looks like a minor bug but am unclear how to go about reporting it
MS. Anybody know the right channel?

TIA,

josh

Jon Peltier

How to report Excel 2007 problems?

There is no formal mechanism for someone in the public beta "preview"
program to report a bug.

You could post something here, and hope an MS employee happens across it. Or
that someone in the official beta program (not the public "preview" program)
decides to report it.

You could try to follow up on the Contact Us page of the Office web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactOffice?sd=offc

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP