-   -   Can't figure out how to open each file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/362566-cant-figure-out-how-open-each-file.html)

davegb

Can't figure out how to open each file

I'm working on a macro to open a series of files in the same directory,
copy the page, then paste each page into a corresponding sheet with a
corresponding name in a different workbook.

'Change to appropriate method and file
Set wbPIP = Workbooks("PIP Test1.xls")
frmYrQtrInput.Show
sDirMod = "H:\AllDocs\CFSR PIP DD\SFY " & sCurYr & Space(1) & _
"Q" & sCurQtr & "\Records Mod\"
sFName = Dir(sDirMod)
lFileCt = 0

Do Until sFName = ""
Set wb = Workbooks(sFName) <-----SUBSCRIPT OUT OF RANGE

wb(sFName).Open
Selection.CurrentRegion.Select
Selection.Copy

sShtName = Left(sFName, Len(sFName) - 7)
sShtName = sShtName & "Records"
wbPIP.Activate
wbPIP.Worksheets(sShtName).Activate
'Range("b2").Select 'TEST
Selection.CurrentRegion.Select
Selection.Clear
Range("A1").Select
Selection.Paste

lFileCt = lFileCt + 1
sFName = Dir()
Loop
MsgBox (lFileCt & " files were copied to the PIP spreadsheet."),
vbOKOnly

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Help! And thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

Can't figure out how to open each file

you have to open it first:

Do Until sFName = ""
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(sDirMod & sFName)

Tom Ogilvy

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
you have to open it first:

Do Until sFName = ""
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(sDirMod & sFName)

Tom Ogilvy

As always, thanks Tom!