-   -   macro launched when condition is true (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/362307-macro-launched-when-condition-true.html)

Dariusz Tomon

macro launched when condition is true

Hi

I'm wonder if the following sceario is possible:

I have got macro and I want this macro be launched whenever the cell(1,1) =
5 (or when this cell is changed)

Thank you for your proposals.

Best Regards

D.Tomon

CrowBar

macro launched when condition is true

Place this code within your WORKSHEET. If the worksheet changes it then
checks the change against the code.

I have defined an coloumn and named the area "arrow", you need to set
your area name up and change this code as required

Dim VRange As Range, cell As Range
Dim Msg As String
Dim ValidateCode As Variant
Set VRange = Range("arrow")
For Each cell In Target

If Union(cell, VRange).Address = VRange.Address Then

If cell.Value = "" Then

ElseIf WorksheetFunction.IsNumber(cell.Value) = True Then
If cell.Value 4 Or cell.Value < 3 Then
MsgBox "Please enter a correct number, either 3 or 4 to
display an arrow"
cell.Value = ""
cell.Select
End If
Else
MsgBox "Please enter a correct number, either 3 or 4 to
display an arrow"
cell.Value = ""
cell.Select
End If

Exit For
Exit Sub
End If
Next

--
CrowBar
CrowBar's Profile:

Tom Ogilvy

macro launched when condition is true

If it will hold a formula, then you could use the Calculate event to check -
but you would have to use a static variable to record the old variable to run
only when it has changed.

If it will hold a constant value which will be edited by the user, then you
could use the Change event

See Chip Pearson's page on events for an overview

Tom Ogilvy