-   -   Conditional Formatting - Range of Dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/362306-conditional-formatting-range-dates.html)

ann

Conditional Formatting - Range of Dates

I'm setting up a "tasks" spreadsheet and using condition formatting to
alert missed dates. This is a simple formula, but I'm still struggling.
If I use the formula below for past due tasks, all cells appear red
except those due today and in the future. How do I write the formula
for Condition 3 so I'm not highlighting empty cells?

Condition 1: =$D4=TODAY() [green cell]

Condition 2: =$B4="Closed" [grey cell]

Condition 3: =$D4<TODAY() [red cell]

Ardus Petus

Conditional Formatting - Range of Dates

Condition 3: =AND($D4<"",$D4<TODAY())

HTH
--
AP

"Ann" a écrit dans le message de news:
I'm setting up a "tasks" spreadsheet and using condition formatting to
alert missed dates. This is a simple formula, but I'm still struggling.
If I use the formula below for past due tasks, all cells appear red
except those due today and in the future. How do I write the formula
for Condition 3 so I'm not highlighting empty cells?

Condition 1: =$D4=TODAY() [green cell]

Condition 2: =$B4="Closed" [grey cell]

Condition 3: =$D4<TODAY() [red cell]

Papou

Conditional Formatting - Range of Dates

Hello
I would suggest you amend:
=AND($D4<"",$D4=TODAY())
=AND($D4<"",$D4<TODAY())

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Ann" a écrit dans le message de news:
I'm setting up a "tasks" spreadsheet and using condition formatting to
alert missed dates. This is a simple formula, but I'm still struggling.
If I use the formula below for past due tasks, all cells appear red
except those due today and in the future. How do I write the formula
for Condition 3 so I'm not highlighting empty cells?

Condition 1: =$D4=TODAY() [green cell]

Condition 2: =$B4="Closed" [grey cell]

Condition 3: =$D4<TODAY() [red cell]

Ivan Raiminius