-   -   Sum in hidden column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/361964-sum-hidden-column.html)

davegb

Sum in hidden column

I want to sum the contents of 2 visible columns, but hide the sum and
test it's value for a macro. It doesn't work when I hide the sum
column, it's giving false results. Is there a workaround for this, or
just a better way?

Thanks as always!

Crowbar via OfficeKB.com

Sum in hidden column

Are you trying to select the cell?

davegb

Sum in hidden column

Crowbar via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Are you trying to select the cell?

Thanks for your reply. Thinking about it after I posted, I realized I'd
be better off just unprotecting and unhiding the whole workbook while
the macro runs, the re-hiding and reprotecting it. Then the other
becomes a non-issue.

And no, I wasn't trying to select it.