-   -   Accessing data in pivot tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/361954-accessing-data-pivot-tables.html)

[email protected]

Accessing data in pivot tables

Hi, I'm trying to access data sitting inside a pivot table. When I
record a macro, it uses the GETPIVOTDATA function.

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _
"=GETPIVOTDATA(""MR#"",R10C2,""Biopsy Year"",1993,""family
hx2"",""U"")/GETPIVOTDATA(""MR#"",R10C2,""Biopsy Year"",1993)"

Is there a more direct way to access the data without having to set the
value within another cell?

David

Debra Dalgleish

Accessing data in pivot tables

What are you trying to pull from the pivot table? There's also a
GetPivotData method that you can use, following the examples in Excel's
Help.

If you want to record a macro without using the GetPivotData function,
you can turn it off. There are instructions he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

[email protected]

Accessing data in pivot tables

Finally got around to trying it. Thanks for the help. I wasn't able
to see that option because my Excel Help is messed up.

Another questions: Is there a way to see all the values for a certain
field? For the example I show below, I'm using a biopsy year of 1993,
but is there a way to find out all the years that exist in the "biopsy
year" field?