-   -   double quotes syntax required (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/361943-double-quotes-syntax-required.html)

[email protected]

double quotes syntax required

I need for this :

="Yes"

to appear in a cell. That cell is used in turn as part of a DCOUNT
forumla to describe a set of criteria

my problem is if I enter

="Yes" in that cell what actually appears is simply

Yes

The only other way I can think is to abuse CONCATENATE e.g.

=CONCATENATE("="Yes"")

but there are too many quotes.

I'm guessing there's a syntax issue to resolve, but can't figure it out?

Rick Hansen

double quotes syntax required

Brotherharry, try this

A1= '="Yes" or Range("A1").Formula = '="Yes"

enjoy, Rick

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need for this :

="Yes"

to appear in a cell. That cell is used in turn as part of a DCOUNT
forumla to describe a set of criteria

my problem is if I enter

="Yes" in that cell what actually appears is simply

Yes

The only other way I can think is to abuse CONCATENATE e.g.

=CONCATENATE("="Yes"")

but there are too many quotes.

I'm guessing there's a syntax issue to resolve, but can't figure it out?

[email protected]

double quotes syntax required

Thanks. discovered I can use multiple quotes
e.g.
=CONCATENATE("=","""Yes""")

alf bryn

double quotes syntax required

If you just want =Yes you have to change your formula a bit:
=CONCATENATE("=";"Yes")

You could also use: ="="&"Yes"

If you want ="Yes" the formula should be
=CONCATENATE("=";"'";"'";"Yes";"'";"'")