-   -   OLE Automation and Mutliple Office Releases (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/361757-ole-automation-mutliple-office-releases.html)

Midnight

OLE Automation and Mutliple Office Releases

I recently wrote a macro to create an email from Excell. It works fine on my
machine (using Office 2002). When I try to run it on on an office 2000
machine it faults out. I know it is a reference library issue, but I don't
know how to handle it. Here is a sample of my code:

Sub Mailto(myMessage)

Dim OLF As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim olMailItem As Outlook.MailItem
Dim ToContact As Outlook.Recipient
mySubject = Range("AK2")
myFilename = Range("AK3")
myMailTo1 = Range("AM4")

'Save Current File
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs (myFilename)
'Create Email
Set OLF = GetObject("", _

"Outlook.Application").GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDef aultFolder(olFolderInbox)
Set olMailItem = OLF.Items.Add
olMailItem.Subject = mySubject
With olMailItem
Set ToContact = .Recipients.Add(myMailTo1)
.Body = myMessage
.Attachments.Add myFilename, olByValue, , _
"Attachment"
.Display
End With
Set ToContact = Nothing