-   -   Formatting in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/361512-formatting-excel.html)

Century12

Formatting in Excel

I have set up an excel file in which I have colored every other line grey. I
would like to keep this formatting so that when I go to insert cells that it
automatically colors them the correct color and changes the others so that
it's clear, grey, clear, grey, etc.

Any hints????

Thanks!

Bernard Liengme

Formatting in Excel

Use Format|Conditional Formatting rather than 'hard" colours.
Select the range of row to format and use
Formula Is =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 and select some pattern colour
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Century12" <u21889@uwe wrote in message news:604bb3f46ea8d@uwe...
I have set up an excel file in which I have colored every other line grey.
would like to keep this formatting so that when I go to insert cells that
it
automatically colors them the correct color and changes the others so that
it's clear, grey, clear, grey, etc.

Any hints????

Thanks!

Century12

Formatting in Excel

This does not give me the ability to alternate colors. What am I doing wrong?

Bernard Liengme wrote:
Use Format|Conditional Formatting rather than 'hard" colours.
Select the range of row to format and use
Formula Is =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 and select some pattern colour
best wishes
I have set up an excel file in which I have colored every other line grey.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Thanks!

Chip Pearson

Formatting in Excel

See www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm for examples.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

Bernard Liengme wrote:
Use Format|Conditional Formatting rather than 'hard" colours.
Select the range of row to format and use
Formula Is =MOD(ROW(),2)=1 and select some pattern colour
best wishes
I have set up an excel file in which I have colored every
other line grey.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

Thanks!

Century12

Formatting in Excel

Thank you... it worked like a charm!

Chip Pearson wrote:
See www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm for examples.

This does not give me the ability to alternate colors. What am
I doing wrong?

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Thanks!