-   -   Export txt file problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/361333-export-txt-file-problem.html)

oscar

Export txt file problem

When I export txt file (ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:="Result.txt",
FileFormat:=xlText) quotes appear in txt file:
"Cell A1 Cell A2 ... Cell An"

How can I get txt file without quotes:
Cell A1 Cell A2 ... Cell An

Regards,
Oscar.

bgeier[_6_]

Export txt file problem

Try saving as a Comma Separated Value file (.csv)
You will have commas in the data but no quotes.

--
bgeier
bgeier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12822

buster

Export txt file problem

Use the FileFormat property xlTextWindows. It will save the text without
adding the quotes.

"Oscar" wrote:

When I export txt file (ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:="Result.txt",
FileFormat:=xlText) quotes appear in txt file:
"Cell A1 Cell A2 ... Cell An"

How can I get txt file without quotes:
Cell A1 Cell A2 ... Cell An

Regards,
Oscar.

buster

Export txt file problem

This is not correct. xlTextWindows saves with the Quotes. Sorry.