Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default RTD Server question, Excel to Excel connection

Hello,

I'd like to create a RTD server in which the source and target are bot
excel worksheets.

More specifically, I have one Excel worksheet (worksheet 1) stored o
one machine which contains data that is being updated from an externa
source - real time. I want to create a RTD server that gathers dat
from worksheet 1, and updates data on a second worksheet (worksheet 2)
which is stored on a separate machine.

I can't link the the sheets directly with data being updated realtim
because they are stored on 2 separate machines within a network. Whe
I try to open worksheet 2 after doing that, Excel asks me to "updat
the links". That ends up only grabbing a snapshot of data fro
worksheet 1.

The 2 worksheets have to be on 2 separate machines because of certai
software limitations.

Can a RTD server be created to handle this? If so, how?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

--
mdwhit
mdwhite's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=162

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

...bump..

--
mdwhit
mdwhite's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=162
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53891

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cck cck is offline

Hi,

I have the same need. I have a Excel spreadsheet that is reading 300
external HTTP strings continually. I want to share this data to 4
other instances of Excel (on other PC's on the network) where it will
be used in calculations etc, without having to save the xls file to
disk.

So far it seems that a RTD server, using the excel data will be the
best way.

I have gone through the standard txt and xml RTD server examples.

Someone please help us.

Chris

--
cck