-   -   Delete row if cell has nothing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/360291-delete-row-if-cell-has-nothing.html)

ina

Delete row if cell has nothing

Hello,

I woulk like to delete row when in your cell the value is N/A#

This is my code

I have a bi-dimensional var (1 to 1000, 1 to 9) as variant

For n = LBound(var) To UBound(var)

Do
Set rng = Range("A:A").Find(What:="N/A#", _
After:=Range("A" & Rows.Count), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
rng.EntireRow.Delete

Loop While Not (rng Is Nothing)

Next n

this is the row

MARIANNE | DATE| N/A# | 125.-

I would like to delete this row do you think you need to use cell

ina

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Delete row if cell has nothing

Sub DeleteNAs()
Dim oCell As Range
Dim rng As Range
Dim rngDelete As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormu las, 16)
On Error GoTo 0

If Not rng Is Nothing Then
For Each oCell In rng
If IsError(oCell.Value) Then
If oCell.Value = CVErr(xlErrNA) Then
If rngDelete Is Nothing Then
Set rngDelete = oCell
Else
Set rngDelete = Union(oCell, rngDelete)
Next oCell
End If

If Not rngDelete Is Nothing Then rngDelete.EntireRow.Delete

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ina" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I woulk like to delete row when in your cell the value is N/A#

This is my code

I have a bi-dimensional var (1 to 1000, 1 to 9) as variant

For n = LBound(var) To UBound(var)

Do
Set rng = Range("A:A").Find(What:="N/A#", _
After:=Range("A" & Rows.Count), _
LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _
SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False)
rng.EntireRow.Delete

Loop While Not (rng Is Nothing)

Next n

this is the row

MARIANNE | DATE| N/A# | 125.-

I would like to delete this row do you think you need to use cell

ina

macropod

Delete row if cell has nothing

Hi ina,

Assuming UBound(Var) To LBound(Var) is meant to define the rows to search,
try:

Sub CleanUp()
Dim R As Long
Dim C As Integer
With ActiveSheet
For R = UBound(Var) To LBound(Var) Step -1
For C = 1 To .UsedRange.Columns.Count
If .Cells(R, C).Text = "#N/A" Then
.Rows(R).EntireRow.Delete
Exit For

[...]