-   -   MSComm help - working but with problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/360281-mscomm-help-working-but-problems.html)

systemx[_12_]

MSComm help - working but with problems

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here may have worked with the MSComm control
previously.

I have successfully got the function up and runnning (after much sweat
and tears) and reading from my serial device (a horseshoe cheque
reader) - albeit a little unreliably.

The problem, is that it seems to read the cheque details as two
separate strings - instead of one long one. ie. it seperates the cheque
number as one string and the account no/bsb number as another.

Does anyone here know much about using the mscomm32 active x control -
and if so - if I send my code might be able to offer some advice?

I am using the control in a worksheet (instead of the usual - in a
form).

Cheers

Rob

--