-   -   sumif with < "" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/360056-sumif.html)

Sean

sumif with < ""

Column A has 1's all the way down it column B has names all the way down it,
and then the word Fill if it needs a person there. I want to sum how many
workers I have that are not named Fill. I tried using
SUMIF(A1:A100,<"Fill",B1:B100) and all I get are errors. Any help would be
great

Gary Keramidas

sumif with < ""

you can try this and see if it does what you want

=SUMIF(B1:B100,"<Fill",A1:A100)

--

Gary

"Sean" wrote in message
Column A has 1's all the way down it column B has names all the way down it,
and then the word Fill if it needs a person there. I want to sum how many
workers I have that are not named Fill. I tried using
SUMIF(A1:A100,<"Fill",B1:B100) and all I get are errors. Any help would be
great

Tom Ogilvy

sumif with < ""

=countif(A1:A100,"<Fill")+countif(B1:B100,"<Fill ")

Tom Ogilvy

"Sean" wrote:

Column A has 1's all the way down it column B has names all the way down it,
and then the word Fill if it needs a person there. I want to sum how many
workers I have that are not named Fill. I tried using
SUMIF(A1:A100,<"Fill",B1:B100) and all I get are errors. Any help would be
great

Tom Ogilvy

sumif with < ""

sorry, I thought you said both columns had names all the way down, If
A1:A100 is filled with 1's:

=sumif(B1:B100,"<Fill",A1:A100)

or

=countif(B1:B100,"<Fill")

should give you the same.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sean" wrote:

Column A has 1's all the way down it column B has names all the way down it,
and then the word Fill if it needs a person there. I want to sum how many
workers I have that are not named Fill. I tried using
SUMIF(A1:A100,<"Fill",B1:B100) and all I get are errors. Any help would be
great

Chip Pearson

sumif with < ""

Use