-   -   not open xls if macro protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/360045-not-open-xls-if-macro-protection.html)

miro

not open xls if macro protection

If macro are not allow, how can I visualize in xls the msg (alert o
simply text in cells) that ask to allow the macro code (and visualize
nothing if macro are ok)?

My desire is only that the users cannot open the xls if they the code
doesn't allow.

Thanks a lot

Tom Ogilvy

not open xls if macro protection

You don't have the ability to force the users to enable macro code. In fact,
if they have security set to high and the workbook is not certified by a
trusted source, it is automatically disabled without user choice.

You can put your code in an Addin, then the user can choose to load you addin.

Or you can hide worksheets and so forth so that the user has little use for
the workbook unless macros are enabled - however, any method that depends on
code running to enforce this is not viable.

another approach is to have two workbooks - one hidden. The first workbook
uses code to open the second workbook and close itself. If macros are not
enabled, then the second workbook is never opened.

Tom Ogilvy

"miro" wrote:

If macro are not allow, how can I visualize in xls the msg (alert o
simply text in cells) that ask to allow the macro code (and visualize
nothing if macro are ok)?

My desire is only that the users cannot open the xls if they the code
doesn't allow.

Thanks a lot

Tom Ogilvy

not open xls if macro protection

this isn't supported.

Tom Ogilvy

"miro" wrote:

If macro are not allow, how can I visualize in xls the msg (alert o
simply text in cells) that ask to allow the macro code (and visualize
nothing if macro are ok)?

My desire is only that the users cannot open the xls if they the code
doesn't allow.

Thanks a lot

miro

not open xls if macro protection

Thanks Tom.
Thank you very match. For your preciuos help.

M.