-   -   save file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/360018-save-file.html)

asburypark98[_2_]

save file

Hi,
I've got a problem in my code I've written below.
The loop works for the first, third and fourth graphic: that is,
it saves them. But it doesn't save the second graph.
I've put a "pause" at the start and at the end of the loop, but
I haven't solved the problem..

Any suggestion very appreciated!

'-----------------------------------------------------

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim i As Integer

Dim a As Range
Dim b As Integer
Set a = Range("C10:C13")

Dim PauseTime, Start, Finish, TotalTime

b = a.Rows.Count

For i = 1 To b

PauseTime = 3
Start = Timer
Do While Timer < Start + PauseTime
DoEvents
Loop
Finish = Timer
TotalTime = Finish - Start

BLP = DDEInitiate("winblp", "bbk")
Call DDEExecute(BLP, "<blp-1<cancel" & a(i).Text &
"<IndexGPC<GO")

PauseTime = 3
Start = Timer
Do While Timer < Start + PauseTime
DoEvents
Loop
Finish = Timer
TotalTime = Finish - Start

Call DDEExecute(BLP, "<SAVE<GO")
Call DDETerminate(BLP)

Next i

End Sub

'------------------------------------------------------------------------

AA2e72E

save file

graphs can be on a Worksheet or on a chart sheet: is the second graph where
the others aren't?

"asburypark98" wrote:

[...]

Graphs are called on a provider by DDE command and then saved in a
directory (it doesn't appear in this part of the code, because it is
holded in another sub routine), but the directory is the same for all
the graphs.

Tom Ogilvy

save file

How is the value for a(2).Text different from the other 3. Is it correct?
Does it contain spaces?

Tom Ogilvy

"asburypark98" wrote:

Graphs are called on a provider by DDE command and then saved in a
directory (it doesn't appear in this part of the code, because it is
holded in another sub routine), but the directory is the same for all
the graphs.

asburypark98[_2_]

save file

Hi Tom,

How is the value for a(2).Text different from the other 3. Is it correct?
Does it contain spaces?

a(2) contains a text as a(1):
a(1).text = SP
a(2).text = TPX
so the format is the same.. no spaces...