-   -   Is it possible to ref a cell in another wrkbk w/o having to name t (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/359995-possible-ref-cell-another-wrkbk-w-o-having-name-t.html)

[email protected][_2_]

Is it possible to ref a cell in another wrkbk w/o having to name t

Is it possible to reference a cell in a seperate workbook w/o having to name
a specific worksheet name in the other workbook? i.e. can I reference the
index of the worksheet in the cell formula?

Here's the set-up: I have two workbooks:
Workbook one (wb1) has several worksheets (10's, maybe 100)
Workbook two (wb2) has one worksheet that references values on many of wb1's
worksheets...

What I want todo is reference the same cell location (i.e. $B$24) on several
of wb1's worksheets... but I don't want to have to type in the name of the
each worksheet again and again. Rather I'd like to be able to reference each
worksheet by some index number to avoid the tedious task of typing worksheet
names. Is this possible?

Here's an example of a formula in one of wb2's cells:
=[someOther.xls]Sheet1!$B$24

What I want to do replace is 'Sheet1' with index number so that I can just
copy the formula down thereby referencing the same cell on index sequential
sheets in "someOther.xls"....

Again is this even possible? If not anyone have any suggestions on how I
could programatically get something like this to work?

Thanks for your attention to this matter...

--Charles